If there’s a pre-teen in your life, who craves a combination of bold and pink, our July guest Amanda has a bundle for you!
Amanda from Finland has a daughter of pre-teen age with a clear design sense of her own, so to find something to tick all those boxes turned out to be a bit of a challenge.
But after rummaging through our selection, Amanda showed up with prints from tiny to large in a striking colour palette.
Amanda was asked to pick six prints from our current selection and she pulled an unexpected bundle of pink, turquoise and black. The mix is both playful and contemporary.
Here it is without text on top:
Starting from the low-volume pink on white, clockwise:
- Thread On Charm by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Bejeweled Seal Teal by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Ripples Pink by Bari J. for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Across Sparks Black by Sew Caroline for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Greeka Ble by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics
- Diamonds Rainforest by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics
Can you guess which print she used as a starting point?
Pro tip: if you’re stuck choosing fabrics, pick one with several colours in it and build your colour palette based on those. Even if you go with solids (one-coloured fabrics) only, what makes it through the design process onto actual, manufactured fabric, usually is harmonious internally. These many-coloured prints (fabrics with motifs) can serve you well in more than one way in other words.
Get Your Own
I’m proud to carry this bundle in our shop. Thanks so much, Amanda, for accepting my challenge!
If you decide to create with this little collection, remember to tag us #senttijatuuma on Instagram. I’d love to see what you make!